Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Movies

N LOVES tv. I took him alone to his first movie, the Winnie the Pooh movie, when we was just over 2. E has never been partial to sitting around for too long. Except for Gabba:) I ventured out to the El Capitan a couple months ago to see Disneys Chimpanzee. They were hosting a munchkin morning, where the lights were up more than usual and they said the volume was down. . . I didnt notice that though. N could have sat through the whole thing, but E was not enjoying himself. I took to downloading new apps on my phone during the movie to try and appease him. It worked a bit, but my snack pickings werent helping either and we had to bail:( I wasnt too disapoionted. It wasnt that enthralling of a movie anyway. This past week, however, we enjoyed a movie all the way through. . . for FREE!! Granted, it was in Thousand Oaks, but still! Free movie! Yes there is gas money involved for my 30+ mile drive in both directions, but still cheaper than 3 movie tickets. . . expecially if we cant make it through the whole thing! We left for the valley just after 9am and made it to the Muvico at the Oaks mall to see the Spongebob movie. My boys loooooove that yellow guy and sat through happily! My mom and sister met us for the movie too - extra hands just in case, always a nice safety net for a mom of mulitples. The kids were champs though and loved watching their movie on the big screen. A big step from the monkeys in Hollywood a bit earlier in the year! We enjoyed lunch together in a mall restaurant and hit up the food court play area to run off any remaining wiggles before the long drive home. It was a really successful day and I look forward to more summer movies in the valley. . . for free:) The Chinese theater in Hollywood is also doing a promotion this summer and hosting 25 cent family movies every Saturday at 10am. Yes. . . $00.25. So, this morning my husband and mother in law took the boys back to Hollywood, parked for $2 and spent $1 for the 4 of them to see Madagascar 1!! I hear the kids really enjoyed it, and N was excited to tell me he saw a movie with animals, after waking from his nap. I know movies are a tricky thing for those of us with little guys, but for a quarter or FREE, its a great opportunity for practice runs:) The air conditioning isnt bad either;) Playa vista is also offering movies at 8pm on some Friday nights at the bandshell in central park. Some are family friendly, some are not. Be sure to check the schedule before showing up for that. The night before the boys birthday party, my husband took them to see the muppets with my mother in law! They enjoyed snacks and sitting in their special park chairs. The glow sticks didnt hurt either:)

No comments:

Post a Comment