Saturday, November 27, 2010

Getting Settled

I swear that at the beginning of this week, I had a ton to say. A mix of excitement, anxiety and STRESS over moving and dealing with the idiots along the way. . . now, we are nearing being settled in our new home. Amazing considering its just been a week today, we have twin toddlers, AND spent the day away from home over Thanksgiving.

The boxes are clearing, and piles for donation are sitting by the door. Its a wonderful blessing to be without storage options. As I've shared before, Im a purger and loooove getting rid of the extra and unwanted. Without a space to set things aside for those 'just in case' occasions, or because its 'good to have', we are being really forced to let go. There might be another piece or two of furniture that we need to get to hold some of the items that really DO hold some value for us, but we are still closer to be than we have been in a long while.

The best part? And it isnt even move related. . . .I got a hair cut today! A real, grown up, NON 'drive-through' hair cut. I sat in a chair for 2 hours. . . 2 glorious, ME centered hours:) As I left my lovely stylist today, I told her she needs to file with my health insurance for the therapy she had just given me:) Im thrilled, to say the least, and even B likes it. I hope he didnt react to my haircut only because he knew thats where I was while he was home with the kids. . .. I think he really likes it though:)

On to unpack? Or watch a movie with some pie. . . hmmmm. . . choices:)

No comments:

Post a Comment