Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chicken and dumplings in the crock pot

Pure comfort food! I got this recipe from my friend at mymomrecycles.com

check it out!

http://mymomrecycles.com/chicken-and-dumplings/

I used Trader Joes multigrain pancake mix for the dumplings and whole grain flour.

This recipe is VERY good. Another success that we all enjoyed!! The dumplings were a bit of an issue for me since we got home later than planned from the pharmacy due to another need antibiotic. I had two whiny, crying toddlers stuck in high chairs while I read, measured and rolled dumplings out. SO, I might make this again, when someone is around to amuse the little monsters. VERY good, and plenty of leftovers!

2 comments:

  1. i should add that next time i make this, i think id use part water and part chicken stock to add more flavor. mine came out needing a bit of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit worried about that too when I started making it, but I think the ingredients make a difference.

    For example, I usually get a quartered chicken with skin so there's extra juice and flavoring. Also, the veggies were all from the farmer's market. The carrots in particular were so fragrant even before they were cooked. If I used grocery store vegetables, I would use chicken stock!

    ReplyDelete