Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cooking with twins

I was never a major chef. Ive been good at the pasta and cookies from a log deal for quite some time. Once I got pregnant, I was motivated to do better, but too tired to actually do it. Growing twins is a lot of work! Finally, around 18-19 weeks, I got it together enough to make some crock pot meals. It was cold weather in Texas at the time, and that made it even more appealing - a warm, non-takeout meal waiting for us at home was a great idea! With a few recipes from online, and my foodie sister in law, I was armed to feed us for a the week! I was doing great with it too! And then. . .. I was put on bed rest. There was NO way B would have been able to keep up what I had tried to start, AND manage the whole house, me, and his job on his own. We avoided takeout as much as possible, but cooked a lot of pre-made items to make sure we stayed nourished.

Upon my bed rest release, I was a new mom to twins. Cooking was no where near the top of my list. Both boys started out in the NICU and E, as most of you know, had surgery early on. It was 28 days until our little family was home together. When I wasnt hooked up to the breast pump, I was cleaning, napping or handling some other baby duty. Sleep just wasnt really happening - for like 10 months mind you! That was awful, but another post. . . . The cooking remained scattered and as easy as possible.

We moved back home a year ago, and took up enjoying many of our favorites - In n Out, Trader Joes heat and eat stuff. . . but its time to do better. The boys are nearing 17 months, and I dont weigh what Id like (typed as I had a weak night and an empty ice cream cup sitting next to me - it happens!) I remembered my old buddy the crock pot! Its been a couple of weeks now, and we are bonding nicely:) I plan to post my recipes as they come to me - please note that just because a recipe is posted on my blog, does NOT mean I claim creative rights to it. I get my recipes from online sites, friends, family, etc. I will try to post sites as often as I can. My posting the recipes here is just a means of sharing for my own reference, and if you get use out of them as well, so be it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment